Wednesday, October 24, 2007

On Retrieving

Dear Adam,
About 6 weeks ago, I acquired a border collie through the local SPCA.
She is about 18-24 months old. I have no idea of her history. All I can say is that "Rosie" is a very smart dog. Rosie is a quick learner and eager to please me. She knows the word "NO", knows how to sit, is housebroken, comes when commanded to, stays within the borders on my farm, and comes wherever she is when I ring a Tibetan bell.
My Question: Since Rosie is from a working breed, I would like to teach her how to fetch so that she can get as much exercise as possible. How do I go about that, whether it is tennis ball or a Frisbee? I am sure once I have a method, it will take her no time to learn. Could you possibly give me some hints?
PS - I loved your book and use man View the rest of this article


No comments: